I’ve been tinkering with my previous banana bread recipe, and boy do I love the result! This recipe is decadent and just sweet enough to be the perfect treat!
I love it and I hope you will too!
Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbs flour to thicken
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter your container
- Mash ripe bananas until smooth then stir melted butter into the banana
- Mix in the other ingredients until combined
- Combine ingredients for filling and set aside
- Pour half of the batter into baking dish, pour the filling into the pan then add the rest of the batter on top covering the filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes for an hour at 350°F or until the a knife or toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool and serve.